Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Mr Chicken Rice

Do you love to eat Singapore chicken rice?
Would you pay S$25.00 for a plate of delicious chicken rice?

Haaa... I had always been tempted to try out the famous S$25.00 chicken rice at Chatterbox. But luckily I didn't. Well, the original S$25.00 chicken rice cook had been retrenched from the hotel and here he is.. started his very own chicken rice stall at Downtown East .. Heee... and recently I had try his S$5.00 version with my Princess!!! When I know that he had open his new stall at this place, I had always feel like going there to try it. But that day, we happened to go there for a chalet, so I thought we should go and eat it! Well, ... the rice is tasty with great aroma. But I feel the chicken is 'so-so' standard. The chilli sauce is good but it is too spicy, well, I feel that it would be better if it is less spicy. Ohh. The deep fried tofu is absolutely fantastic. The tofu inside simply melt into your mouth. Wowww. One must order the chicken rice set and enjoy the 'melting tofu'!

Well, after tasting the chicken rice set, I find that it is great, but I am quite disappointed as I had expected it to be so really really fantastic as I had set a high standard for it. I would probably try it again.. when I am around the area. I doubt I will travel all the from my nothern home.

Well, I wonder how do the S$25.00 regular customers kept going back? Don't they think that there are also some other great chicken rice around Singapore? Those stalls may not taste as great as they feel it (different people, different taste), but with S$25.00, I could enjoy great S$4.00 Hokkien Mee, S$4.00 Char Kway Tiao, S$5.00 Chicken Rice and S$3.00 coffee, toast bread and boiled egg set and 1 movie ticket.

:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Did you say Downtown East?! I was there for the buffet @Sakura last Sunday. The food wasn't very nice, too salty.. Place, not very crowded yet very noisy! :-s

If I knew the chef from Chatterbox open his stall @Downtown East, I would have visited him instead.

Maybe next time.