Saturday, August 20, 2005

Murtabak Craving

This few days I am having a craving for murtabak. Haa... Not too long ago, I had ordered a mutton murtabak nearby my house. Frankly, it is not very tasty. But it is quite a big piece for a $3.00 value, and most importantly it is been sprinkled generously with mutton in every corners.Haa... it is a satisfying supper.

Today during my lunch break at my workplace, I had ordered a sardine murtabak. It turned up to be a small piece of murtabak. Osssh. How is it going to be filling? One of the smallest murtabak I had ever seen. Thought of buying a popiah-chinese spring roll wrap. But decided to dig into the murtabak 1st. Well, after finished off my small small murtabak, I am really still hungry. Hmmm... so I work around the food stalls, and I ordered a plate of char siew fan-roast pork rice.

Btw, nowadays the food in the food stalls had lost their flavor. They are rather so-so or disappointing. Sometime, the char kuey tiao doesn't taste like char kuey tiao. Hokkien mee doesn't taste like hokkien mee. Fried some kuey tiao in black sauce, they claim it is char kuey tiao. Fried some noodles with prawns and squids, they claim it is hokkien mee. Well, lets hope Singapore won't lost their food heritage and flavour. Credits to Mr Seetoh, in bringing out his passion of Singapore hawker food, in creating his Makan Sutra.

No comments: