Friday, October 27, 2006

Fantastic Chocolate Cake?

Lately I had eaten the Chocolate Cake from Bukit Timah. The so-called awfully wonderful chocolate cake in this island. Most of the orders are made under reservation list. The paper used to claim it to be one of the best in this tropical country. The chocolate cake had been baked years after years. Popular for years after years.

Of course I am very curious to taste this chocolate cake. I love chocolate. Irrestible.

Finally I got to taste it last weekend. Smell good. But after having the first bite, I wonder 'What's the hype about this chocolate cake?'. It is just a simple cake. It is not fantastic at all. It is just a simple and ordinary chocolate cake. I am not a food connoisseur. But I could taste what is a really great piece of chocolate cake.

Sometimes I wonder the standard of some food critic's review. This chocolate cake is a great example. I wonder how do this journalist grade this cake so highly? She may like to eat food. But she is not a savory food critic at all. She is just a food lover.

I would prefer to eat my Meiji Dark Chocolate, after all.

No comments: