Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hello, How Are You and Goodbye.

I had a good friendship with C during our secondary days. We get along quite well. In our poly-NS days, we chance upon each other on the streets and make some small talks. During our working lives, we still bump into each other. But each time, we talk lesser and lesser. Recently, I bump into C on 2 occasions. The 1st occasion, we didnt really talk. We just say Hello, How Are You and Goodbye. On the 2nd occassion, I am just like a stranger to him. I try to talk to him, but he just brush off the talks. What had happen?

I had a 'normal' friendship with CY, who is also a friend of C and mine. CY and I are just 'friends' during those days. But during our working lives, we had bump into each other and we had laughter and chatted off well!!

Well, maybe C have reasons for holding himself back to me.

Sometime when people had step into the corporate world, they change. They talk about money. How much do you earn? What post are you holding? What house are you buying? What car are you driving?

Well, I had gone to a friend's wedding. And my old friends are talking around the bushes on these matters.
One even ask "Does your girlfriend stay in a condominium?"
And the guy reply "No. She stay in a terrace house. Haa. Surprise you. Haa".

Gosh. Is now the common trend on 'Is you girl rich'? I only know 'Is your boy rich?.

Of course it is common to ask what do you do. We are concern and curious about each other. But lots of people ask this to 'grade' you.

Well, maybe it is a welcome to the world.

Sometime, man needs to learn how to be humble. Steve J is a humble man. He claim he is not a irreplaceable guy in his organization. Woww. I hope he say it sincerely.

No comments: