Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Grandmaster

After hearing so much of the much acclaimed movie, 一代宗師 The Grandmaster, I had finally had the chance to watch it just now. But I thought the main influencing factor that I have to watch it is: this is a film by Wong Kar-wai and Tony Leung. How could I miss the collaboration work, again, by both of them.

Certainly, from the film opening credits (it had immediately sucked me to the screen) to the movie ending, I am totally moved by this film. Having already watched 叶问 Ip Man and 叶问2 Ip Man 2 (Wilson Yip and Donnie Yen) and 叶问前传 The Legend is Born (Herman Yau and Dennis To), I thought what would this yet another Ip Man movie offer. But, this is a film by none other but Wong Kar-wai and Tony Leung. It gona be a fantastic film. True enough, I had enjoy this film greatly.

The Grandmaster Trailer #1 (2013)

I am been swiped away by Wong's trademark smoke swirling scene, lighting effect, intricate interior house design and costume, breathless fighting choreograph, beautiful droplets and falling snow, sitting posture, adding monkey and dogs to the scene and, of course, the cool and nonchalant expression and posture of Tony Leung. Wow wow wowwww.... Fabulous cinematography and visual effect.

But two things I wished to: Firstly, a more appealing music choice. Don't get me wrong, the music are great... . Just that I wished to be even more appealing to me though... heee .... Maybe I was been mesmerize by the music of In The Mood Of Love. Secondly, I wished to watch the film in Cantonese version.

I thought this film had some comics-inspire fighting scene and the monkey with Fu Xing made me thought of the monkey with Mud Buddha in The Storm Riders.

The dialogue in the movie is wonderful and wise. However, the dialogue seems to be a bit too wise for me to understand the real meaning of the words at times... ... heee... If not, I would have enjoy even more. Nonetheless, it is a truely remarkable film. I wonder when could I catch a film by Wong or Tony... .or a collaboration work by both of them, again.


No comments: