Monday, July 11, 2005

Fantastic Albums

Recently I had just got hold on the albums by Keane, Thirteen Senses and Eminem. These artistes are fantastic. Marvelous debut for Keane and Thirteen Senses.

I am surprise to know that guitar is not a main instrument in Keane’s music. Wow. A rock band without guitar but piano. This is new to me. Their music is really catchy. Every time I listen to their Hope And Fear, I seem to find another wonderful track. Somewhere Only We Know, Everybody’s Changing, Bedshaped, Bend And Break, …etc. But most of their tracks sound so similar to one another. Never mind, I still love it. I love the way Tom is singing. Keane’s music made you feel the urge to sing along. It is quite hard to resist, even if you do not know the lyrics. Irresistible. Ireland has produce another great musician.

The other modern rock band that interests me is Thirteen Senses. The Invitation album. Their music seems to have full of emotion. Bursting of inner voices. I can’t really describe. It seem that there are so much sentiments in their melody that had been waiting for so long to be set free. Warmth, love, sorrow, heartfelt, roller-coaster event, happy-ending, tragic-ending…. .. The vocal is ordinary. But the singer has put his soul in his singing. Maybe it is because a simple vocal with so much sensation that it feel like we can relate to his music. By the way, the graphic design on their album seems to compliment with their sound. The boys seems simple yet full of senses.

The gem of hip-hop. The prodigy of hip-hop. Welcome the great Eminem. His music is really addictive. Hip-hop music is full of rage. Fury. Anger. Outspoken. I admire his memory to remember the long, long, long, lyrics! How do he do that? I even have a problem following through his lyrics while listening to his zapping rapping. Haa… Anyway, Marshall could really write so much stuff! Marshall has made another brilliant collaboration with another artiste in Toy Soldiers, an 80’s song. It is unique to rap, while portion of the song is being sing out by another singer. Just like his earlier Thank You with Dido. Fans would definitely wait eagerly for his encore.

Oh, another wonderful thing is, I got The Invitation and Encore at only S$9.90 each at Gramophone! Great Deal!

No comments: