Sunday, April 20, 2008

Jogging

This morning I went to jog again (finally :p).... after so many weeks of 'resting'. I think this is my only 3rd jogging after so many weeks (since early March). Well, I suppose I have to rebuild my stamina all over again..... :p ...

This morning was also my 1st time jogging along with my MP3 player. I had always resist from plugging music into my ear while jogging because the motivation to jog may come from the music and not from oneself. But last night I told myself to try it. Well, I go along with it.

Go. I ran. I had started to run. And .... I found myself trying to fit the earpiece into my ear. After a few stride, the left earpiece dropped off. I put it back. The right earpiece dropped off. I put it back. The left earpiece dropped off again and again ...... Ohh, it was rather distracting and I couldn't jog properly :(. But at the same time, I find myself running with greater stride than my last jogging (few days ago) :). Well, is it that my stamina had increased? Or the music had motivate me to run better? Or is it the earpiece had distracted me so much that I had forgotten to pace myself? Well, in the end I decided to plug just 1 earpiece into my right ear and hold the MP3 player with the left earpiece on my left hand. In the process, although I had ran better, I found myself arn't really enjoying my music and my jog. Maybe I am not use to the earpiece while jogging. I would prefer to jog with music 'out-from-the speaker' or without music at all. And it could be quite dangerous to jog with earpiece as I may not be able to hear vechicles (and bicycles) from behind.

Well, for the time being, I would jog without any earpiece :). I would continue to enjoy my jog in my usual style.

Many years ago, whenever I told people that I enjoy jogging, they would always find it 'strange'. They were thinking "who would like to JOG?", "who would like to puff and huff all the way" or "Jogging is a boring activity". I jog to stay healthy (hopefully), it is a great feeling to run (especially when you have the power and stamina... you would love to run 5km or 10km.... and more and more...), a kinda 'freedom' feeling when you run:), and I just like to jog :). Well, jogging is still 1 of my favorite leisure activity.

No comments: