Thursday, December 13, 2007

Bread For The Old Lady

On the way home today, I felt hungry and decided to go the nearby coffeshop at the my MRT for a supper. When I was at the coffeshop, I decided to check out another nearby eating house for other food varieties. Hence, I made a U-turn. And I saw an old lady walking and dragging some carton-boxes. Then I saw a lady approached the old lady and gave her a bread.

*Flashback - I remember when I was young and living in my old housing area, somtimes, my mum would packet some meals and told me to go and gave it to an old lady at her home, who is staying nearby us. Sometime when the old lady is not around the house, I would just walk into the house (the door is not lock) and left the packet of food there. Sometimes, I am afraid a large black dog, that loom around the area, would suddenly bark or jump into my path. hee...... *

Well, eventually I still went back to the same coffeshop at the MRT for a supper. After finished my meal, on my way home, I saw the old lady sitting at a corridor with many carton boxes (some flaten). She is sitting over there and eating somthing ( I think it is the bread from the lady). Hmmmm.... .. And I decided to made a U-turn again and go to a confectionery shop and buy a packet of red bean bread for her. Well, I thought the bread might be a bit "boring" for her, but I couldn't buy her noodles or fried rice as I am afraid that she might eat a little and keep the food overnight. The food might go stale, and cause her more harm. And I don't want to buy her those fanciful bread as she may not like it. So I go for the "normal" red bead bread as I thought old people may like it.

Of course, some people may feel "shy" to offer or feel that "why should they offer". Well, think about it, here I am enjoying a plate of supper but I do not buy her some simple food? If you were me, what would you think/do? Sometimes, we are lucky to have what we have right now.

If we can offer, we should offer.
Yeah?

No comments: