Saturday, December 22, 2007

Two Guys, One Girl and Amanda

Over the weekend, I planned to go Esplanade to sit down and do some reading. But I heard someone singing from a distance away, hence, I decided to walk over and check out the band. Yeah, a gal was singing away. After hearing 2 songs, her gig had ended. And I wait for the next performance.

The next gig is by Two Guys, One Girl and Amanda. Well, I am not sure is that really their band name???
Anyway, Amanda started off with a few songs which I had not really heard before. Then she jump into a cover on Faith, by George Michael. Then A Little Respect, by Erasure. Follow by Chasing Car, by Snow Patrol. Lastly a song by Cranberries ( I can't remember which song did she sing... heee). Well, the song are all rite. Of coz, we can't compare her to those great singer, George Michael, Erasure, Cranberries. These are really international BIG stars for good reasons. Their vocal are superb. Well, maybe Amanda did not perform seriously and consistently throughout the whole performance. Overall, she gave a decent gig.

And of coz, credit for her courage to perform on the stage.

1 comment:

kyon said...

Hi,

I was at the gig as well. Referred to your post when I couldn't recall the songs played that night.

By the way, The Cranberries song they played was "Dreams". Only managed to look it up cos I remembered Faye Wong did a cover of it, haha.

Thanks to your post, I wouldn't have been able to find out the names of the other songs played that night.

Happy New Year,
pk
library@esplanade
http://blogs.nlb.gov.sg/epcl