Tuesday, December 11, 2007

So this is Christmas.. and what have you done?

"So this is Christmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun"

John Lennon, Merry Christmas (War Is Over)


I had always love this song. The lyrics and the melody sound so simple, yet striking enough.

Lots of time, when I heard this song, I would think back on what have I done this (for that year) year. Well, lots of time, I didn't accompolish much. But this year (after so many years), I had finally done and complete 2 task. Mission completed. Although it is not a very big deal or big success, at least I try and fulfill it.

No. 1 - Vit M (2 years project and it is in the track, although it is far away from the destination). Although it is a bit late to kick-off this project, but at least "it is better late than never". Now it is moving to new phase.
No. 2 - FP (although this is not my first choice, but at least it fulfill part of my dream).

Of coz, FP had not being plan and move as what I had like, I hope it could be a better year ahead.
Next, I would like to see how S8 could develop. As usual - Saying is easy, Working on it is another thing. Well, maybe that is what made life so interesting. :) If everybody can do it, it is not special anymore.

Oh, back to the song-music. The music sound a bit sad, yet so heart-warming. Listen to the chorous part where the kids are singing. It sound great. And they sounded like "Hey, c'mon, another year is beginning soon. Another new start!". They sounded so enthusiastic and welcome of a new year.

Of coz, upon hearing this classic, it would also remind me of John Lennon. A talented artiste, who had left this world so early.

Somehow, I wonder this song sounded with so much feeling in it , is it becoz of the lyrics, melody or Mr Lennon who had left so early. Well, maybe is all the 3 reasons.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1zm4E9d1oo

Btw, pal, what have you done this year? It may be a bit 'sour or empty' feeling for people who had not accompolish their mission, but at least this is a sentence that is very simple and a true progress in your life. Like it or not, life goes on. The world will not stop for you. Well, the mission could be anything, eg, enjoying time with your love ones, writing a book, completed your drawing, building up a cafe, be a successful salesman, be more healthy, have more sleep, eaten more ice cream, etc. There are tons of task.

Well, enjoy your life.
Take care.
And Merry Christmas to you.

:)

No comments: